What to Expect from Here on Out

Minor updates or anything I think is nice or cute at the time of posting :)

Monday, January 18, 2010

Past Hope, Realized Today

Well it's Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day, so I have the day off from work, which I like and thought I'd mention him. Even though I was not alive during the Civil Rights Era or of African-American descent I feel I must write that Dr. King, Jr. for me growing up was by far one of my favorite Civil Rights leaders and as I get older he remains my favorite. The simple reason is that Dr. King in the face of such aggresive situations and blind hatred his every speech/ protest I've read about seemed so focused on the future, the change, and the promise of a better tomorrow. A peaceful resistance to oppression, an oppresiveness I cannot construe having to live through and what I consider one of the ugliest pages in America's history. I wish he could have seen our President and the new hope our country will bring to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment