What to Expect from Here on Out

Minor updates or anything I think is nice or cute at the time of posting :)

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Snack Bug

So it's another late afternoon at work, and I started craving a snack; more specifically chocolate and a coffee.  Since having my first baby 9months ago I've been steadily trying to lose the 'baby weight', I've been doing pretty well but haven't been able to give up my afternoon snack.  

That said, today I opted for a walnut brownie, and more or less regretted it afterward. It's one of those treats I know I shouldn't indulge in while trying to lose weight but I can't seem to stay away from the combination of walnut and chocolate. Then I started thinking how nice it would be to snack on chocolate covered walnuts but haven't seen any around. 

I started searching online for recipes and found a nice simple one for 'cocoa covered almonds' which I think I will substitute with walnuts. The recipe called for mixing the nuts with maple syrup, then simply coating them with cocoa and flour. Then pop them in the oven for 25 minutes. Needless to say I'm now dying to try this, it sounds very simple, which for me in the kitchen is a must! 

I checked her blog and liked the recipes, wish I was as disciplined to eat as clean as this but I guess one step at a time. Wish me luck! Check out the link below if you're interested in the recipes on that blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment